Sunday, August 24, 2008

Extra! Extra!

Saturday morning at 6:45 am, I was packed up. Most everything including utensils, food, and computer was in a box taped shut or secured in its carrying case.

In a daze, I drifted across the street in flip flops and a ragged t-shirt to McDonald's for a large coffee and eeg & cheese. Below the "On Sale Here" sign, I noticed the headline "Obama Selects Biden as Running Mate" I can't remember the last time I got breaking news from the print edition of a paper.

It was surprising, refreshing; the urge to dig through my pocket to find enough change and recall my order so I could purchase that paper too and desperately thumb to page A4 and consume the rest of the story before I puruse the rest of the section for reactions, comments, and realted news.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Ooh very interesting! Hope your move went well. I will be in the same situation in a month.

Charles said...

The move went alright. A bit rushed. Where are you moving?