Thursday, January 03, 2008

O'Hare

1. Grievances
-Airlines have had trouble getting my flights off the ground on time. My past 6 flights have been delayed an hour or more. David Sedaris's reflections article about transcontinental air-travel kept me sane.
-Bookjackets are an infuriating invention. I don't like reading with them on the book. With each turn of the page the book wiggles a bit in an attempt to free itself from the loose confines of the jacket and its pretentious quotes. Removing the  jacket is a bold move, because me and my neurosis do not like to lose them. I can't get over the feeling of falling into a soft chair, wrapping a blanket over my legs, hearing the suttle click of the reading lamp the rifles through the silence, and feeling the cloth like binding and thick pages sandwiched between my thumb and index finger.

-What did they call the index finger before index cards? Wikipedia has no answer.

2. People at Airports
-Please don't wear velour jump suits; you're in public.
-Look where you are walking
-You do not need to wait for somebody to help you at the self-check-in.

3. Internet
-I laughed at the amount of online profiles someone had, only to realize I had more. This is out of hand - Google, Yahoo!, Start-Up, Google purchased start up(now two id's same profile), Start-Up, and so on. I need to consolidate. Web 2.0 is Web Out of Control. I'm looking forward to when the phrase web 2.o is left in 1995, or wherever it came from.

4. Things I'm waiting for
-A consulting firm that specializes in Facebook and OpenSocial apps.
-Another online profile
-To read the books I own
-When I learn to use punctuation properly or at all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Book jackets protect the book cover. They also used to be called dust jackets for obvious reasons. I suggest you set them aside when you read the book and replace them when you put the books back on the shelf.