Monday, December 31, 2007

The World

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now, but it's never come out right; however, this time I'm going to write it either way this time.

Last year as the leaves changed color and the snow fell, I found it aggravating that the phrase "entering the real world" found it's way into so many of my colleagues plans for the upcoming year. It would fall casually out at Downer, Senior Dinner, or at Graduation. College is not some play time phase of our lives where we study in the candy land forest and stroll down gum drop lane to class. My four years at Lawrence stand in stark contrast to what I'm currently doing, but I've never felt that the experiences I had, the growth I underwent, friends I made, challenges I overcame, and things I learned at Lawrence are not real. Lawrence was four years where I lived in a real bubble.

No comments: