Saturday, April 12, 2008

Capital Crescent

Another bike ride this weekend. With an ominous email sent out friday afternoon, "ride will be canceled if it's raining at 8 am," the ride was in flux, but the rained stayed away just enough to make for a pleasant day.


We met for breakfast in Georgetown. On my way to Georgetown, I saw Mayor Fenty spectating a little league game at 9 am with a red tie and an overarching umbrella that could have kept the entire dugout dry. I wanted to shout good job and give a big thumbs up, but I restrained myself. 

By the time I got to Dean & DeLuca, the slight drizzle cleared away, and it was nice enough to sit at their sidewalk cafe to enjoy a blueberry muffin and some coffee. The bike rack overflowed and the rumble of clip shoes pounding away on the brick sidewalk dominated the early morning noise. 

With a few instructions, a count of people, and a couple snippets of advice we were on the Capital Crescent trail. The trail follows old railroad tracks along Potomac and through the leafy parts of the city. At mile 6 we split off from the tracks and headed up MacArthur blvd into the heart of the prestigious suburbs that comprise Montgomery Co. I peddled and peddled, past the mini mansions and let their fancy cars power by me. The ride ended at Great Falls Park which unfortunately I didn't have enough time to explore. 

We headed back to Georgetown, this time down hill, and got lunch - lunch after a forty mile ride tasted pretty good.

Also in the news of today:
I bought Rock Band.
I made Granola.
I clean my apartment to make room for Rock Band.
Today was eventful.

2 comments:

Dan said...

when does rock band arrive? Do you have any band names in mind?

Charles said...

The band is getting back together on Wednesday.