Sunday, August 02, 2009

Need some bicycle time

I survived my second post-go-live week. So far it's been a success. On Wednesday, we had almost 17000 members log in and served almost 400,000 page views. Ryan was out on his honeymoon; so, it was just me handling the technical side of issues. At times, I felt like the helpdesk, but everyone is trying hard to resolve issues before they bubble up to me which is appreciated.

Scattered thunderstorms across the area today means I'm not going out for a ride today. Maybe I'll get some bicycle time in around town.

On Thursday, after a day that was just a barrage of questions, I was pretty cranky. Once I got on my bicycle it all melted away. There's something about the freedom of riding, the focus need to traverse traffic, the breeze in my face, or the force of accelerating that just helps me relax. I don't know what I'll do if I can't cycle commute in the future.

No comments: