Friday, August 31, 2007

Settling In

The process of moving doesn't seem to stop. Every apartment has it's own nuances from where the living room light switch is to where the cabinet door handles are, and it takes a several moments of confusion to break the old muscle memory. Sometimes, it's continent how we can easily forget that what is not in front of us.

Homes just don't come with everything you need. Normally they just come with a refrigerator and a stove. Everyday I discover something I don't own. Thursday, I spilled Cheerios. "I'll clean this up," I thought. Then, I realized I don't own a broom. Back to CVS. Saturday, "Oh, I'll just reheat what I made on Thursday for lunch." Wait, I don't have a microwave. Back to Linens 'n' Things.

The CVS across the street has a strange habit of selling out of everything I want - besides candy.

The National Symphony played a free show on the Capitol lawn last night. They hadn't rehearsed much for it, but the warm summer evening and the illumination of the Mall behind the stage made it worth seeing.

Nationals vs. Marlins on Wednesday: $5 tickets.

No comments: