Saturday, September 08, 2007

Treading Water

After moving, it takes a while to feel that you actually live there. Not settling in - my stuff is here and in its place; however, I don't understand what it means to live here. I'm still foraging for my rhythm in the District. My body has adapted, and it knows when to get up - too early - I'm the first person to work. The problem is that my mind is still confused; it doesn't know what day of the week it is, what lamp to buy, what groceries are needed, or which way to walk. Going there will take how long?...it will be busy...? Is this an extended vacation? The questions stretch through the urban sprawl of DC flowing over the Potomac into Virgina. The District swimming in a plethora of options, and it's taking a while to discover the right subsequence for each day. I'm exerting myself everyday, and I'm just treading water; hopefully, one day I can float effortless with the waves. In the ocean, on vacation in North Carolina.

No comments: