Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm Close Enough

It seems that on every journey you get to the point where you think I'm close enough. Every drive home from school right after I get on 88, I think "I'm close enough. If I lived in Oak Brook I'd be home now." But all I can see from the exit ramp are anxious bright red taillights backed up for a mile jostling each other for position as they attempt to pass through the toll booth. I had my last class today; unfortunately I have two finals left. Four years ago, I applied here on a whim - on a small gut feeling - and luckily Lawrence may have been the best thing that ever happened to me; however, I'm close enough. Let's make the best of it.

Math happy hour was refreshing; I'm finally in that picture senior picture. It's great to know that you're professors care about you, whether they're officially your adviser or you graduated 20 years ago.

Senior Send-Off is tomorrow at High Cliff. I want to bike there so does Lombargo, but it might rain. Lombargo said he was up for the trip anyways.

It's way past my bedtime. Goodnight.

No comments: