Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dance Punk Dance

Friday my profile picture was label by a colleague "Continental Charles" because it was taken shortly after I came back from Budapest. Strangely rather than reminisce about Budapest - which I do miss - it reminded me of my arrival on campus that winter term, and attempt to reclaim my spot as Resident Dancer. I fought my way through the dance-offs; in my tight jeans and Chuck Taylor dance shoes, my feet pounded away in crowded the rooms of Hiett, Trevor, the House, and anywhere else dance-punk played with cans of PBR lining the walls. It's been awhile since I've had a good dance-off.


Friday evening I took the situation into my own hands - 20 minute dance party.

Attendance: 1 person.
Duration: 20 minutes.
Location: Calvert House #922.
Best song: All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem


Claire and Veronica are in town this weekend. They're both shocked it's spring already. No lines last night, but every place was packed, Local 16 and Marvin's. 

Ethiopian tonight at Etete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charles, are you gonna make it back for Alumni weekend?