Sunday, April 29, 2007

Adventures in a State Park

It was a casual ride there, only one crash and no wind. The park smelled slightly of dead fish, and the senior class was no where in sight. Using the merry-go-round Max and I performed several angular momentum demonstrations for the peanut gallery. Then a small girl came over, and informed us that she was going to show us how to use the merry-go-round. She grabbed the side and started running, pushing the merry-go-round round and round. "Then you jump on." The merry-go-round slowly came to a stop, and Veronica approached the playground. The small girl looked at Veronica, turned to Max and asked "Does your mom wanna try?"

The wind beat me to death on the ride back. I was peddling twice as hard, but it still took almost an hour to get back. No matter which direction we turned it seemed to slap us in the face. Shortly after dinner, I crashed.

At 10pm I woke up in a daze. Searching for a glass of water I made my way to the kitchen where there was a creepy red light, a sea of nerds (in role not just costume), and strange cheese platters on the counter. From that moment onward my evening was out of whack. The VR was full of alumni, ORC was hanging out on their porch, and my house was full of nerds. All I wanted to do was lie any which way I chose on a king sized bed with a heavy comforter and a remote control. I'd watch some bad TBS movie, fall asleep, and wake up with room service bringing me coffee. That's the ticket.

No comments: