Monday, April 23, 2007

Blaze of Glory

This year senioritis has always loomed in the distance as my impending doom. Each weekend it slowly gained steam as it claimed the lives of more and more seniors, but this week there was a collective wave of senioritis that crashed into main hall green and took everyone in the tide. We've declared and embraced it. We have seven weeks to go out in a blaze of glory. On Friday, I road tripped to Chicago to see RJD2. He open playing with his band; it felt like we were watching George Harrison after the Beatles broke up, but his 35 minute turntable set was glorious. I spent Saturday outside listening to music, jumping on a trampoline, and teaching some math. Sunday after brunch, senioritis hit me personally. I didn't make it home on the short walk back from downer, rather I laid in the sun until 2:30 only to return to the sweet siren call of roofball coming through my window. It was at that moment, when I realized that the day was over. Right now, a cool breeze is coming through my window and hitting my face and covering my sun burned nose. I have a midterm tomorrow, that will be interesting. Here's to the quickest four years of my life.

1 comment:

Tariq said...

I've bookmarked your blog so you better keep up with it. I'm not a fan of wasted effort when it is my own effort that is wasted. Yes, bookmarking this site required effort. :-)