Thursday, April 12, 2007

Computers

Last week I went to WLFM and discovered that the computer was dead. I jumped through the usual hoops: calling the help desk and moving operations into the studio. The next day, they took the computer, and left me with an empty desk. After a week it was still missing. The monitor laid naked on the desk, the only image it displayed was my distorted face, and the cord dangled beneath the desk. Left with no option, I called the help desk again; it pained me, it always does, but I had to. It wasn't ready yet. Today the computer was back, sitting idle like nothing happened, like it hadn't turned it's back on me and died. But I don't forget that easily.
Dear WLFM office computer,
you have some hard work ahead of you in order to win me back.
Charles

No comments: