Friday, May 18, 2007

Subway

I took the subway from Logan International Airport Boston, MA to my dad's condo today. I just missed the shuttle, then watched in horror as the blue line clattered away, and finally saw the orange line screech it's way down the tunnel without me. Sometimes it just works out that way: maximal waiting. Standing next to me while I waited on the platform for the Orange line train were two typical hoodlums. With baggy jean shorts, wide open pinstriped jackets, and sideways San Diego padres hats they seemed harmless. Then I continued to survey the rest of the platform. Turning back to the hoodlums a few moments later, out of the corner of my eye I see one of them peeing on a broken ladder lying against the wall. Then when turns to wait for the train, the hoodlum, who didn't urinate, in public hands him HAND SANITIZER. I never would have guessed that they carried Purel in those baggy shorts.

Corollary: Public transit in Boston is a joke. Subway rides are $2; however, they take forever and they only go down the block. The green line is not a subway; it's a tram. I'll never pay two dollars for a subway ride here again.

My glasses are consistently dirty. It's nice to be here; I'm glad I came.

1 comment:

Tariq said...

How come you're in Boston?