Thursday, May 17, 2007

Travel

I've grown a great affinity for phones that ring with no one to answer them, particularly phones in busy areas. On Wednesday I heard the house phone ringing. Rather than shouting "phone phone" I made my way to the hallway to find Sam staring at the phone as it's old time bell ringer belabored his ears. I watched him for another ring or so and then picked it up. It was just Chris Wilye on the other line looking for Andrew Blair, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to miss out on the story of the other line. The phone at Gate A7 has been ringing off and on for the past 20 minutes. It's a bland series of electronic beeps, so I don't mind the noise amidst the clatter of the travelers; however, I'm tempted to pick it up, and find out who's on the other line. They'd probably detain me.

I'm currently in the Detroit Wayne County Airport awaiting my flight to Boston. They don't have free wireless here; I must post this later. If I was a mayor I would make sure that my airport had free wireless, what is this 2003. I have a premonition that my luggage will be lost, when I post this that issue will be settled so it's not something to concern this blog.

My life is in my backpack today - my computer, DS, favorite pencil, discount card, and eraser. Hold on tight. At the Outagamie County Airport in Appleton, WI I ran into a one Wayland Radin. He was coming to Boston just as I was going literally. We chatted just long enough to make Heather worry.

I'm going to miss my favorite tree this weekend.

No comments: